ᑭᒃᑯᓂᕗᑦ • About Us
NBES ᐃᑲᔪᖅᓱᓲᑦ ᐅᑭᐅᖅᑕᖅᑐᒥ ᓄᓇᓕᖕᓂ ᔭᒐᔾᔭᐃᖅᓯᓯᒪᓂᒃᑯᑦ ᐱᓕᕆᐊᖏᑎᒍᑦ ᐊᕐᕌᒍᑕᒫᑦ. ᐱᓕᕆᐊᕆᔭᐅᕙᒃᑐᑦ ᓴᖅᑮᕙᖕᒪᑕ ᐃᓕᓐᓂᐊᖅᑎᑦᑎᔾᔪᑎᒃᓴᓂᒃ, ᓲᕐᓗ ᐅᖃᓕᒫᒐᕐᓂᒃ, ᐃᑭᐊᖅᑭᕕᒃᑰᖅᑐᒃᓴᓂᒃ, ᑕᕐᕆᔮᒃᓴᓂᒡᓗ. NBES ᐱᓕᕆᐊᓪᓗᐊᑕᕆᕙᒃᐸᐅᒃ ᔭᒐᐃᑦᑕᐃᓕᑎᑦᑎᓂᖅ ᓴᖅᑭᔮᖅᑎᑦᑎᓂᕐᓗ ᐃᓄᐃᑦ ᐅᖃᐅᓯᖏᓐᓂᒃ.
NBES ᐱᓕᕆᕙᑦᑐᑦ ᓴᖅᑭᔮᖅᑎᑦᑎᓇᓱᐊᕐᓂᕐᒥᒃ ᐊᒻᒪᓗ ᐱᕕᖃᖅᑎᑦᑎᓇᓱᐊᖅᑐᑎᑦ ᓴᓇᖖᒍᐊᖅᑎᓂ ᓄᓇᕘᒥᑦ. ᐱᒋᐅᖅᓴᓂᒃᑯᑦ ᐊᒻᒪᓗ ᐃᓕᖅᑯᓯᕐᒥᒎᖕᒐᓂᒃᑯᑦ ᓴᓇᖖᒍᐊᖅᑏᑦ ᐱᓕᕆᕙᑦᑐᑦ, NBES ᐱᓕᕆᖃᑎᖃᖃᑦᑕᖅᑐᑦ ᓄᓇᓕᖕᒋᑕ ᓴᓇᖖᒍᐊᖅᑎᖕᒋᓐᓂᒃ ᐊᔪᖕᒋᑦᑎᐊᕐᓂᐊᕐᒪᑕ ᐊᒻᒪᓗ ᓴᓇᖖᒍᐊᕈᓐᓇᕐᓂᐊᕐᒪᑕ ᐃᑲᔪᖅᓱᖅᑕᐅᔪᓐᓇᕐᓗᑎᑦ ᐊᒻᒪᓗ ᐊᔪᕈᓐᓃᑦᑎᐊᕐᓗᑎᑦ.
NBES ᓴᖅᑭᑕᐅᓚᐅᖅᓯᒪᔪᖅ ᓄᓇᕗᒻᒥ ᐃᓕᓐᓂᐊᖅᑎᑦᑎᔨᓂᒃ, ᓴᓇᙳᐊᖅᑎᓂᒃ, ᐃᓕᖅᑯᓯᕐᒥᒡᓗ ᓴᖅᑭᔮᖅᑎᑦᑎᓇᓱᐊᓲᓂᒃ, ᐅᓂᒃᑳᖅᑐᐊᖅᑎᓂᒡᓗ. ᑲᑐᔾᔨᖃᑎᒌᑦ ᐅᒃᐱᕈᓱᒃᐳᑦ ᑖᒃᑯᐊ ᓴᓇᑐᔪᒻᒪᕇᑦ ᓄᓇᕗᒻᒥᐅᑦ ᓴᖅᑮᓂᐊᕐᓂᖏᓐᓂᒃ ᐅᑭᐅᖅᑕᖅᑐᒥ ᐃᓕᓐᓂᐊᖅᑎᑦᑎᔾᔪᑎᓂᒃ ᐅᓂᒃᑳᖅᑐᐊᓂᒃ, ᐃᓕᖅᑯᓯᕐᒥᓪᓗ ᖃᐅᔨᒪᓂᕐᒥᒃ, ᐅᖃᐅᓯᕐᒥᒡᓗ ᑲᔪᓯᑎᑦᑎᓂᐊᕐᓂᕐᒥᒃ ᓯᕗᓂᒃᓴᑦᑎᓐᓄᑦ.
NBES supports Northern communities through several preservation initiatives and projects each year. Most of these projects result in the production of educational resource materials, such as books, websites, and films. NBES has a particular emphasis on the preservation and promotion of the Inuit language.
NBES works to promote and build capacity for the Arts in Nunavut. Through training opportunities and culturally-relevant artistic works, NBES works with local artists to ensure authentic and relevant artistic creations are supported and successful.
NBES was created by a concerned group of Nunavut educators, artists, cultural promoters, and storytellers. It is the society’s belief that the cooperation of talented and concerned Nunavummiut will result in Northern educational resources that support Nunavut education and the successful transmission of oral history, cultural identity, and language to future generations.
ᓄᓇᕗᒻᒥ ᒪᕐᕉᖕᓂᒃ ᐅᖃᐅᓯᓕᖕᓄᑦ ᐃᓕᓐᓂᐊᖅᑎᑦᑎᓂᕐᒥ ᑲᑐᔾᔨᖃᑎᒌᖕᒋᑕ ᑐᕌᒐᖕᒋ ᐅᕝᕙᐅᑯᐊ:
- ᐃᑲᔪᖅᓱᕐᓗᑎᑦ ᓴᐳᔾᔨᓂᕐᒥᑦ ᓴᖅᑭᔮᖅᑎᑦᑎᓂᕐᒥᓪᓗ ᐃᓄᐃᑦ ᐅᖃᐅᓯᖕᒋᓐᓂ ᐃᓕᖅᑯᓯᖕᒋᓐᓂᓪᓗ
- ᓴᖅᑮᓗᑎᑦ ᐃᑲᔪᖅᓱᐃᓗᑎᓪᓗ ᐃᓄᒃᑐᑦ ᐃᓕᓐᓂᐊᕈᑎᒃᓴᓂᑦ ᐊᑐᖅᑕᐅᔪᔅᓴᓂᑦ.
- ᐃᑲᔪᖅᓱᐃᓗᑎᑦ ᐃᓕᖅᑯᓯᕐᓂᑦ ᓈᒻᒪᒃᑐᓂᑦ ᐃᓕᓐᓂᐊᕐᕕᖕᓄᑦ ᓄᓇᕘᓕᒫᒥᑦ;
- ᐃᑲᔪᖅᓱᐃᓗᑎᑦ ᓴᖅᑭᔮᖅᑎᑦᑎᓗᑎᓪᓗ ᐊᔾᔨᐅᖕᒋᓐᓂᖕᒋᓐᓂᒃ ᐃᓄᐃᑦ ᐃᓕᖅᑯᓯᖕᒋᑦ ᓄᓇᕗᒻᒥ
- ᑲᔪᖕᒋᖅᓴᐃᓗᑎᑦ ᓄᓇᕗᒻᒥᐅᑕᓂᑦ ᐊᑐᕋᒃᓴᓂᑦ ᓴᖅᑮᑎᓪᓗᒋᑦ, ᐊᒻᒪᓗ ᑲᔪᖕᒋᖅᓴᐃᒃᑲᓐᓂᕐᓗᑎᑦ ᓄᓇᓕᓐᓂᑦ ᐱᖃᑕᐅᓂᕐᒥ ᓴᖅᑮᓇᓱᒃᑎᓪᓗᒋᑦ ᐃᓕᓐᓂᐊᕈᑎᒃᓴᓂᑦ ᓴᓇᑎᓪᓗᒋᑦ ᓄᓇᕗᒻᒥ.
The goals of NBES are:
- To support the preservation and promotion of the Inuit language and culture;
- To initiate and support the development of Inuktut educational resources.
- To support culturally appropriate education all the regions of Nunavut;
- To support and promote artistic expression that represent the uniqueness of Inuit cultural and Nunavut
- To encourage training of Nunavummiut in all aspects of resource development, and encourage more community members to be actively involved in the development of educational resources and education in Nunavut.
2020-2021 Board of Directors TBA Spring 2020
TBA SPRING 2020